Orionids Alert

All,

Orionids Alert.Alert for Orionids peaking this weekend!! Do we watch Saturday morning down here?? Spaceweather alert today with pic.
Attachment.I posted a pic I took in Patutahi, looks like it could be two Taurids, can you spot the faint line in the Milky Way, similar angle and duration to the bright one. Pic is at
www.astronomy.net.nz Gissy Gathering. Its my first ever meteor image, and of course now I’m hungry for more..

Make a segment for Warwicks Movie.This is a good opportunity to get out and shoot 3 hour segments of wide 30second shots back to back. Use multi shot mode and lock down the handpiece, its easy. If you want to help me collect frames, and need a handpiece, I’ll make one for you if it’s the 2.5mm mini jack style, that’s easy. I cant make the Canon fitting though, sorry. You don’t need fish eye, standard widest angle you got will do, and probably better, that’s what I’m going to use for clarity. (I got 18-55mm, equiv to 24-70 old school). He needs 360 frames of 1920 pixels width or greater, 800 or 1600 ISO, don’t worry about noise, I’ll send sae for cd/dvd if preferred. I could send USB stick if that’s even easier. So who is in??

Sci Fi.(My mate Module is talking about 100 usb memory sticks from Japan for $30, he says he’s going to do a lolly scramble at a show, with his new song in the stick!! Sci fi guys.. (Module is Jeramiah, his music is inspired by the sky, esp the night sky. http://www.myspace.com/modulelikesbeats )
Paul Moss.

http://www.spaceweather.com/ today: “ That streak of light is very likely a piece of Halley's Comet. Every year in October, Earth passes through a stream of Halley's dusty debris, giving rise to the Orionid meteor shower. This year, the display is expected to peak on Oct. 21st, but some of the meteors may be arriving early. "My camera captured three more Orionids on Oct. 13th," says Emfinger, while Doug Zubenel reports seeing at least ten Orionids from the 24th annual Okie-Tex Star

Party on Oct. 10th.
Do early Orionids bode well for peak-night? There's one way to find out: Watch the sky during the dark hours before sunrise on Sunday, Oct. 21st. If 2007 is
like 2006, observers can expect 20 to 50 Orionids per hour: sky map.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 2023 News and research papers

RASNZ E-Newsletter

October 2023 News research papers and Starcharts.