August 2025 research and news items The big news this month is the giant planet around Alpha Centauri A, I will be looking forward to more information on this planet which appears to be a Saturn Gas giant, not was I was expecting to find. Atmospheres around planets orbiting close in to small red Dwarf stars are not looking to promising, I also found an older paper on the subject when reading about the Trappist Planets. Keep a watch of observations on interstellar comet 3I Atlas. Some interesting news articles out too this month and a few of top picks are below. A lot of research to read and study here A Candidate Giant Planet Imaged in the Habitable Zone of Cen A Orbital and Physical Properties https://arxiv.org/abs/2508.03814 A Candidate Giant Planet Imaged in the Habitable Zone of Cen A Binary Star Modeling https://arxiv.org/abs/2508.03812 Imaging low-mass planets within the habitable...
Hi Everyone Please find this month’s News and Starcharts attached along with all the interesting research. There is a good look at the Trappist planets that I myself still need to read, these papers also tie in well with the Exo Venuses. Following on from that a few goon ones on Exo planets too. With all the posts about starlink it’s been a real interest for many people and there is a good paper on the issue here too. I feel like I have a lot of reading to do this month. Amazingly it’s a nice mild clear night tonight too here in Wellington, we might be in for a stormy winter too. Thanks Edwin Research papers A good update on the Trappist planets here Thermal Emission from the Earth-sized Exoplanet TRAPPIST-1 b using JWST https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-023-05951-7 The Demographics of Terrestrial Planets in the Venus Zone https://arxiv.org/abs/2302.03055 A New D...
Research papers and news items for November 2024 Hi everyone some interesting research out this month to read through. Ive just finished reading the S&T article about exoplanet atmospheres, a very good look at what planets can have atmospheres. Research papers The impact of the cosmological constant on past and future star formation https://academic.oup.com/mnras/article/535/2/1449/7896079 Making Habitable Worlds Planets Versus Megastructures https://arxiv.org/abs/2309.06562 Astronomical engineering a strategy for modifying planetary orbits https://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0102126 Three Diverging Tales of Planetary Habitability and Windows to Earth's Past and Future https://arxiv.org/abs/2411.01150 Haasttse-baad Tessera Ring Complex A Valhalla-Type Impact Structure on Venus? https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1029/2023JE008256 ...
Comments